Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Louis; Gateway to the West

and home of the cardinals, my family, the Anheiser Busch Clydesdale's, well of course now they are probably called the "In-Bev" Jackasses". The weekend in St. Louis proved to be one big reunion. It was Michelle and Kelly's 40th birthday celebrations so there were plenty of old friends and family to see. I also did something I haven't done since I was kid. And I probably did it with the same two girls.... We laid on the grass directly under the Arch and stared up into the sky. Susie counted all the little windows, Chrissy giggled and sent text messages to the thousands of people she tried to meet up during the St. Pats parade and I listened to James Taylor on my Ipod and took pictures of our feet in the air with the arch and the blue sky as the back drop.

Shelly had the line of the weekend, as I suspected she would. When Robin, Chrissy, Shelly and I got back to the hotel room it was pretty late and Sandy was already sleeping. With five people and two beds; it was Shelly who ended up on the floor. We felt really bad, so Chrissy hatched a plan to try the old "light as a feather, stiff as a board trick" and gently move Sandy to the floor (using our pointers and tall men) without disturbing her slumber. To this Shelly replied "YEAH RIGHT, AND WHO DO YOU THINK SHE WILL KARATE CHOP TOMORROW MORNING!"

She wins...
That's all for today folks.

No comments: