Tuesday, June 13, 2006

June 13, 2006


Beautiful day in the city today, clear skies and 70 degrees.
My cubicle however is a blistering 45 and I can't feel my toes anymore.







The World According to Tereser:
World Cup Soccer
The matches are in full throttle and it's pretty entertaining, not the games, oh no..... the most entertaining part of these games are watching the corporate folks, who haven't seen a soccer game in 4 years, get all giddy about the USA team, who suck by the way. Well that's harsh I guess, but in comparison to our South American and European competitors, we do suck.

Sex and the City:
Reruns on TBS still get me all jacked about New York, but then reality sets in and I remember I live in the burbs with PTA members and bagel makers. But I do have a good story about life in the city. In case you didn't hear about my brush with the divine Ms. Sarah Jessica Parker, here goes: One night I'm at a Jazz club in Midtown with Brian, my cousin Jane from Dallas and her husband Kirk. We get a nice cozy table and order some drinks. The entertainment is Toby Parker, (SJP’s brother) who does great renditions of the old standards in addition to new stuff with a twist. We were all having a nice time and then....... it happened!!! She walked in the door, nonchalant and casual as anyone, she grabbed a seat with a couple at the table right next to us. My heart was pounding, I'm pinching Brian's leg and trying to keep it together, because after all I'm a New Yorker now, and New Yorkers are NOT star-struck lunatics. They see celebrities’ everyday; they dine near them, shop near them and live near them. BUT.... come on! It’s THE Sarah Jessica Parker! My idol! I managed to sneak a few peeks her way. She happily cheered for her brother and twisted her hair. That was so weird, her twisting technique is much like mine, the pointer finger, clockwise until there is one long banana curl laying on the shoulder, then you move on to the next one. I tell ya, it was like we were separated at birth :)

Until next time.....

No comments: